The contents of Soapy Joe have been merged with the Average Joe American home page at www.AverageJoeAmerican.US. This page will no longer be updated. Update your bookmarks and feed subscriptions today.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Great Commission

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer}
  • Somedays, there just doesn't seem to be much to say. I've read through several online devotionals today, looking for the one that just struck the right cord with me; one that would make me feel like I had something to add to the conversation, so I could share it here. I guess it just doesn't always happen that way. It seems that almost everything I read this morning was about sharing your beliefs and your faith with others. Well, we should all be doing that all of the time anyway, shouldn't we? I shouldn't need a daily devotional to tell me that. The Bible tells me that. That is, after all, what The Great Commission is all about. To spread the teachings of Christ throughout the world. And we must each do our part in that, no matter how large or small that part might be. I long for a devotional of sorts that hits home in a different sort of way. Something that speaks to me on a daily basis about life, and work, and going about things each day. Parenting. Leadership. You know, day to day stuff. I have a couple of resources I'm going to look at and may be using here a little more than the online devotionals that, though they are good, all seem to share the same thoughts. The Good Lord willing, this won't become just another rehash of all the online devotional sites already on the web.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 206-600-4JOE.

No comments: