The contents of Soapy Joe have been merged with the Average Joe American home page at www.AverageJoeAmerican.US. This page will no longer be updated. Update your bookmarks and feed subscriptions today.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Lord Will Return

Today's Daily Soap {Scripture | Observation | Application | Prayer} FOR TODAY'S FULL READING, CLICK THE TITLE LINK ABOVE.
  • S: I turned and saw the voice. I saw a gold menorah with seven branches, And in the center, the Son of Man, in a robe and gold breastplate, hair a blizzard of white, Eyes pouring fire-blaze, both feet furnace-fired bronze, His voice a cataract, right hand holding the Seven Stars, His mouth a sharp-biting sword, His face a perigee sun. I saw this and fainted dead at His feet. His right hand pulled me upright, His voice reassured me: "Don't fear: I am First, I am Last, I'm Alive. I died, but I came to life, and My life is now forever. Revelation 1: 12-18 [MSG] O LORD, what is man that You care for him, the son of man that You think of him? Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow. Part Your heavens, O LORD, and come down; touch the mountains, so that they smoke. Send forth lightning and scatter {the enemies}; shoot Your arrows and rout them. Reach down Your hand from on high; deliver me and rescue me from the mighty waters, from the hands of foreigners whose mouths are full of lies, whose right hands are deceitful. Psalm 144:3-8 [NIV]
  • O: Jesus Christ is returning, and the time is drawing near.
  • A: The time is drawing near. That's what Bible scholars tell us. That's what the Bible teaches us. Jesus Christ is returning soon, in all of His majestic glory, and God's wrath will be unleashed on the Enemy. But what does "drawing near" mean? To God, a day is like a thousand years, a thousand years are like a day. Our finite minds cannot measure time from God's perspective. We created the 24 hour day, the 30 day month, the 365 day year. As God measures time, the Lord could return any day. And when He returns, He will collect His followers and take them to Paradise with Him. Those who have rejected Him will remain for a time of Great Tribulation. Life will not be easy then. Where will you be? Are you prepared for the Lord's return? Or for a time of Great Tribulation? The choice is Yours.
  • P: Father, while those of us who choose You are ready for Your Son to return, there are so many who aren't ready. Use us, Lord, to reach them for You.
Send feedback to Joe by email, or by calling 317-644-6129.
Your comments? Joe

No comments: